  From: Don Ordes
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 10:30 AM
  Subject: Re: [VFB] Ant swap flies arrived

  Chuck,

  Do the gills eat the fire ants if you toss them in (via a shovel)?

  I've done research and some believe some fish are turned off to ants because
of the high levels of formic acid.  Others say the acid in a fish's stomach is
stronger and breaks the formic acid down.

  I know all about them fire ants.  It was a secondary reason my dad moved to
Wyoming (leading our move).  He was very allergic to fire ant bites- would go
into shock.