From: Chappy <aavidcha...@gmail.com>
Subject: [VFB] Rope Dub Muscles
To: "VFB Mail" <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 10:29 AM

Hi,  I played around with Australian Possum - fur and hair cut right
from the skin and rope dubbed.  I like the results but without a
binder this stuff is somewhat tough to work with.  I have about 20% of
the material on the top of the desk when done as there is nothing I
added to bind it together.   But I achieved my goal.  However, when I
was done I thought I had arthritis - which I don't.  My fingers were
burning with pain.

So Don, as a master of rope dub - I went back and viewed your DVD.
You have mighty fingers and I noticed you have little 'guns' on each
one - similar to my biceps...lol.   I also saw a little anchor
tattooed on the side of your index finger.   Were you in the Navy?
(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Tell us about those rope dub muscles and how much more practice do I
need before the pain goes away.

What I found interesting is until you have a tight rope on the thread,
you really can't let go - at least with Possum.   At that point I used
the dubbing clamp to spin and give my fingers a little break.

Looks like I need more practice - but I was very pleased with the
results.

Chappy.