Sounds like more pipe-dreams to me, Chuck.

----- Original Message -----
  From: Chuck Alexander
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 7:58 AM
  Subject: Re: [VFB] fishing

  Tony: (Everybody) I watch a TV show called "Inspector America" and this guy
was a former bridge inspector etc and he goes all over the country, inspecting
the countries infrastructure, including the water situations like floods,
draughts etc. And last week's program talked about this very thing. They built
the Hoover dam in 1931 I think it was, and created Lake Mead, which gives most
of the South West, including Los Angeles, Las Vegas etc, it's water supply for
90% of their water. Yet, since 1999 (partly because of population explosions in
the area, and partly cause of draughts) the water level in Lake Mead had
DROPPED get this 130 FEET. And it's still dropping. And he had this  water dept
big wig woman talking about the problem and they were talking about how we have
well over 600 MILES of the Alaskan oil pipeline, and THOUSANDS of miles of
Natural gas lines running from Texas all over the US. So, they were saying "why
don't we built water lines, to take water from where there is too much (like
where you are, and all through the mid west) and pipe it over and into Lake
Mead etc, to where there is a shortage of water?? Makes sense to me. Ppl say
"well, that cost too much". But look at what the cost to this country will be
when probably 20-50 MILLION ppl who rely on water (and electrical power cause
of the huge turbines that run there) from Lake Mead and other lakes in that
part of the country, are suddenly out of water, and they all move "back east".
What a mess we'd have on our hands, and we'd better fix the problem while we
can, and I think the idea of "diverting water from flooded area, to those in
draught areas" makes perfect sense. Then, later, if Lake mead ever flooded, and
the Midwest was in a draught, the water could just be reversed. Chuck