From: Anthony Spezio <bambot...@yahoo.com>
To: "vfb-mail@googlegroups.com" <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, December 21, 2011 1:15:08 PM
Subject: Re: [VFB] Help needed. Fly-tying classes

Eric, I quit using a whip finisher about 25 years ago, Doing a hand whip finish
is quicker. When doing commercial tying, every second you save is a bonus.
Started out tying off with half hitches then learned how to whip finish by
hand.
That was over 60 years ago. When I got back into tying again in 1988 I found
the
whip finisher. I found that I liked using my hand better than the tool so I
stayed with it.
My first vise was a home made vise, then I went to a Thompson B. Now I own
about
20 vises and only use two or three of them. I have a small Dyna King that I use
while traveling to our monthly tying sessions. A Norlander for tying Bugger
type
flies and a larger Dyna King for show tying. The others are just ones that I
collected over the years.
I am just posting this to see if we can get some life back on the list, I miss
the posts.
Tony