From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-mail@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Jimmy D. Moore
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 3:59 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] Fishing

Tony, once years ago, when my Dad was a big catfishmerman, he hooked onto
something just below the dam.  Pulled
it up and it was a beautiful red Ambassador 5000 reel and True Temper casting
rod. He used that thing for another 10-
20 years. I inherited it and still have it.  It works, but after all the
"reeling" is a little wobbly.  Right now, I have it hanging
on my wall. Still beautiful, but to sentimental to use a 60 year old Ambassador
any longer.

JIMMY D

Anthony Spezio wrote:

This is a true story.
Some years ago when I was going out on Charter Party boats for Salt Water
fishing we had a guy drop his rod and reel in the ocean. We stopped catching
fish at that spot so the captain of the boat moved to another spot. After a
couple of hours the fish stopped biting and we moved back to the first spot.
You guessed it, one of the fisherman on the boat hooked into something. It was
the rod that was dropped overboard. That is one in a lifetime chance.
Tony

--- On Fri, 8/10/12, Alan Di Somma