I'll take "nowadays" over the "good old days" any day LOL...Seriously, I don't
see how ppl tied decent looking flies with NO bobbin, NO vise , NO
synthetics.,etc ect. Chuck

----- Original Message -----
  From: Anthony Spezio
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [VFB] Selling flies online

                    Chuck,
                    When I started tying in 1945 there were no bobbins as we
know them today. You pulled a length of thread off the spool, pulled it through
a round of bees wax and started tying the fly. You had to half hitch after
tying in the material or the material would fall off the hook. There was no
bobbin to keep tension on the thread to hold the material in place. The fly
ended up with a lot of half hitches in it.
                    Tony