From: Peggy Brenner <peggy.bren...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VFB] Selling flies online
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 6:54 AM

I sell feather wing streamers, classic Maine  style for fishing my
minimum is $5 per fly with a jungle cock eye.  Tandem streamers, same
patterns and style $7 minimum. And I make salmon flies for fishing,
display and brooch pins, it's the pins for weddings, dinners and that
that make the most.  Not a living but I cover a few shows and 1 fishing
trip a year.

This year I have a guy creating a web site for me and have been working
Facebook a little, I want to take it up a notch.

I was going to offer dry, wet and all that fishing flies, but there are
to many offshore of those models out there, so I stear clear of them.

Also, I teach, but I don't charge kids for their lessons, so this year
I've had no teaching income, all kids starting.

Peggy

   On 10/10/2012 7:28 PM, Chuck Alexander wrote:
> I don't see how anybody can tie the amount of flies it would take to
> even net minimum wage. I know you'd get faster and faster with certain
> patterns, but in order to sell many, you'd have to constantly be
> changing patterns (I guess) which would slow you down. I don't think I'd
> have the speed to ever cut the mustard in that industry. Thanks, Chuck

Peggy Brenner
http://pbandj.us/SixSistersFlybox/