Thank you to all for the great info!
-Pete

On Monday, October 7, 2013, Michael Bliss <flyfish...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a book called Illustrated Dictionary of Trout Flies by John
Roberts that has some bumble patterns and nice colored plates.
> Mike
>
> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Pete Gramp <pete.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've found out some medical news that means I'll likely have a lot of
days off work, recovering and doing treatment regimens. quite severe and
equally personal.  No need for the i'm sorrys or that crud.  Anyhow, i
figure my self-assigned therapy includes tying massive quantities of flies,
and I've been on an Irish Lough fly or "bumble" fly kick lately.  I've
watched every Davie McPhail youtube video on the subject i could find -
quite a few - but was wondering if any vfb folks knew of good books or
webpages on that style of fly.  They are like mini spey flies, sans wing,
in sizes 8 to 14/maybe 16, from the looks of things... palmered wet flies
overhackled with partridge collars?  A class to themselves that makes them
awesome to me.  Any info is appreciated,
>> -Pete
>> pete.gr...@gmail.com
>>
>> --
>> --