Chuck, Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there.
DonO

From: Chuck Alexander
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:08 PM
To: Cheaper Living ; fly fishing for panfish ; vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VFB] Thoughts and prayers needed

Folks: I need your thoughts and prayers. This Tuesday morning I have to have
both an Upper Endoscopy and a Colonoscopy (PLEASE God let them use two
DIFFERENT tubes LOL) as I have been having stomach/intestinal pains since late
July or so. It got soooo bad, that in August I had to go to the ER and they
kept me for three days running all sorts of tests, starting with tests on the
heart as a man (or woman) of 55 with any type chest or abdominal pain, that’s
the first thing they rule out. Thought it was my gall bladder because the pain
radiated in back from between my shoulder blades to down and in front at my
abdominal area. Ruled that out with CT scans, and  ultrasounds, and said though
the gall bladder a little inflamed, there were no stones, or blockages. Plus,
they did a Mio View stress test for my heart and said they saw little or no
blockages, so I was glad to hear that. But SOMETHING is making it hurt 24/7. My
doc says it could even be scar tissue/adhesions attaching themselves to my
intestines as I had to have FIVE Hiatal Hernia repair surgeries, and have three
plastic meshes in there now, along with 27 staples, and over 200 permanent type
stitches.  I hope they find out what it is, but just hope it’s something that
can be easilly corrected as this pain is getting to be a major pain. And NONE
of the meds my new doc I found while in the hospital prescribed me. That’s was
the good part about that whole thing too. I went to a different hospital than
the one we normally use, as we moved two years ago, and the one I now use is
closer, and I love my new doc who is now our new Family Doc. Thanks a lot, Chuck