I am getting a black display running xawtv 3.74, bttv
version 7.83, kernel 2.4.18.  Sound is working fine.
I could provide more details, but for now I am just
looking for someone to give me a clue where I can look
for a solution.  I have been reading manpages and
looking for information about this phenomena but so
far can not find an answer.  The last time I posted a
question to this list I did not get any responses.  So
if this is not the list to ask, which one is?  Just
for background, if I use an old installation of
Caldera eDesktop 2.4, or Corel Linux 1.2, xawtv (3.07)
works fine.  Thanks for any help.

Bruce