> I don't really care where we have it honestly,
> but don't fault the New Yorkers for the fact that there's a
> lot of vloggers there and they're organized.

I'm not faulting anyone for anything and certianly not for having
numbers (I did after all say "That being said I do recognize that
there are ALOT of vloggers out there - and it's fair to consider that,
I think.").

But 'planning' can be done remotely ... and should take into
consideration the masses who are traveling to attend.  NYC isn't
inherently cheaper (in some cases its more expensive) ... and so other
places should be considered.

> The other intrinsic advantage of NY
> (Chicago would probably fit here as well) is
> that it's relatively easy to get around the city w/o renting a car,
> which significantly lowers the cost and hassle of a trip.  The West
> Coast doesn't have that distinction unfortunately.

Yes, this is a valid 'pro' to put in the NYC column.  (Chicago, as you
suspect, would also get this 'Pro' ... I've lived here - right
downtown - for 6 years and have yet to own a car. Public tranist here
is quite good.)

- Dave