QT is not meant to be a fancy editing tool, but it works extremely
well compressing your files, and playing your movies.  I too have
never liked the fact that you have to constantly pay for upgrades.
But besides that, you edit with you fancy editing program and use QT
to compress, and present.  And for cut and paste editing, you can't
beat QT.

On 7/27/05, Charles HOPE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Meade wrote:
>
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "R. Kristiansen"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I agree, there are no timelines, no transitions, or titling tools in
> > > QT Pro. And still, I have managed to vlog for 7 months using QT pro
> > > 99% of the time. So clearly, it IS possible to vlog with QT pro.
> > >
> > > With time, I will make a bunch of screencasts documenting how I at
> > > least use QT pro. That's a project i've procrastinated for 6 months,
> > > argh.
> >
> > Oh man I would love to see those screencasts Raymond.  I've thought
> > about QuickTime Pro a few times, but have never REALLY understood what
> > it was that I was buying! :-P
> >
> > Forgive me my ignorance, I'm a windows  user who wanted to produce QT
> > movies ... and apple.com says QT Pro will do it ... so I've considered it.
>

> I'm eager for a clue as well. Can I edit my movies in MovieMaker and
> then use QT Pro to generate QT files from them? I think QT looks much
> better than WM. Will I get decent quality this way, or will I simply end
> up with QT movies that look like WM movies?
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Individual Fireant