>  yesterday, I was unpacking some boxes and I ran into a classic CD.
>  I thought "Hey! I'd like to listen to this."
>  Then it hit me:  Why bother?
>  The same amount of time would be better spent finding something new on the
> archive.

then i guess it wasn;t such a classic CD!!
i know what you're getting at markus, but some stuff deserves repeated
listening/watching,
i've watched some vlogs more than once, and i think some of them have
left such a lasting impression that i hope i will return to them in
the future.
For me, great works in any medium can give you a feeling or an
experience that is completely unique, and that is worth going through
again.
One major risk with the amount (explosion?) of stuff being created at
the moment is that it all becomes too disposable, and we rush on to
the next thing, never giving things enought time to grow on us.. never
letting stuff breathe,

Individual Fireant