Yes, there are innumerable discussions about building the blogosphere
and extending the web. These can often get very techy.

As an example, resources like these are built by communities with
similar interests to ours in regards to the blogosphere (in fact some
of the members here contribute to these efforts):

http://video.yahoo.com/mrss
http://microformats.org
http://atomenabled.org
http://structuredblogging.com