blogging climate of personal expression, it's really interesting to see
these first steps in people taking control of visual media... but I digress.

    The production of the actual video is not a problem for me as that's
what I do for a living.  I've gone through the tutorials at freevlog.org
and am so grateful for such a terrific resource.  Here are my remaining
questions:

    Is there a list somewhere of people's preferred compression
codecs/video sizes?  I'd like to make my vlog very available, and I like
what Rocketboom is doing offering multiple formats for download.  I'd
love to see what the most requested filetypes are for vlogs.

    I need to do this using the free services that are out there right
now.  While the video tutorials discuss using archive.org and ourmedia,
I've seen a number of posts with regards to their reliability.  While I
appreciate their being free (archive.org is an epoch-making resource), I
would like to have a reliable place to host my work.  Is blip.tv more
reliable?  are there any down sides to not using ourmedia specifically?

    Thanks for any help you can offer me.  I'm sure that there will be
teething pains for my video blog, but am glad to be finally getting
something together.  Thanks!

--
     Bohus Blahut
 (BOH-hoosh BLAH-hoot)