http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/30/sitroom.01.html

"People have been checking this blog, it's DancingWithKatrina.Blogspot.com, for information about the area. What does he tell the people that are reading there? First of all, there's a lot of confusion a lot of destruction. He doesn't want to give out too much information, because there's just so much confusion about what is going on. "
ABBI TATTON, CNN INTERNET CORRESPONDENT

I guess it was another blog..sorry.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/30/sitroom.03.html

"ACKI SCHECHNER, BLOG REPORTER: Well, we heard from several of our reporters now, Wolf, about how difficult it is to communicate now. And one of things I wanted to show you is how people are using communities online to get information out and also, frankly, to ask for help. Sort of in light of the story that we just saw. This is CraigsList.com, this is a community site. People find furniture here, housing, they look for partners.

Now it's being used in New Orleans for lost and found. This is the area where people usually post for things like jewelry and sweaters. Now they're looking for human being. People are posting things like this, we are missing family members. Help us out. E-mail us, contact us. This is who we're looking for. Also, I am desperate, a woman looking for her father last known to be working in the French Quarter.

The other thing the site is being used for, which is interesting, is generosity. We're seeing an outpouring of this online. Do you need a place to stay? I have a room in my home as far away as Oklahoma. Another one in Mesa, Arizona. If you've been evacuated and you don't have a home to go back to, people are offering up rooms in there home for free, let us know if we can help.

Another thing people are doing is offering their volunteer services online. People who just have the time and the energy and want to help. They are posting. So it's a good place to go if you're out of the area and you want to get some information about what's going on there. People who are willing to help you out at CraigsList.com.

Just one of many communities we're seeing today online that are being posted to bring people together in light of the fact that there's not that much communication out there -"