Andrew, I agree that it would be cool having people make vlogs about focused
topics. I
also think the random personal ones are good. I'm not sick of those.

That said, developing some focused vlogs would be great. These vlogs would
serve
dispersed populations with common interests, and that can be really useful for
that group.
And being useful  is a good thing. I'm someone who has eclectic interests and
would enjoy
dipping into what different niche progams are doing. And I'd also enjoy
following  few
niches I really was obsessed with.

I'm just thinking of some possible niches here:

How-to art projects
Gardening
Woodworking
Garbage (what happens to garbage in a community? What people work in the garbage
processing industry? What garbage related problems are out there? What's the
difference
between one neigborhood's garbage and another?)
All about a specific neighborhood
skydiving
Transportation activism (e.g. people who are trying to make NYC more bike,
pedestrian,
and mass transit oriented)

So there are a lot, lot, lot  of niches out there. and following a niche can be
a great way do
develop deep learning in a subject, which is great. Maybe Andrew's niche can be
the need
for niche vlogging. Wait, he's already got a niche! Well more like a canyon.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, andrew michael baron <andrew