Jay dedman wrote:
> Im always curious about when torrents will get popular.
> this way no one has to worry about bandwidth.
> its always this "full of potential" idea.
>
> gary at torrentacracy has come up with this:
> http://www.torrentocracy.com/blog/archives/2005/09/pep_is_deliciou_1.shtml
> it bascially scrapes any feed and puts the items into torrents.
> he becomes the first seeder.
>
> in my mind, we will all have a home computer that becomes a server.
> we keep it on and connected at all times.
> youll have 100GB of your favorate video seeded on it.
> this is how we create a truly decentaralized video network.

Well, even with torrents, you still have to worry about bandwidth. And
my main home computer is used for work, so I really can't afford to slow
it down serving our torrents. I do have another server at home that
could, but it doesn't have the disk space, and I'd worry about it
bogging down the network.

I'm not against torrents, I'm very much in favor of them, but even I
(who I consider to be pretty technically astute) am a bit skeptical
about implementing torrents and the ramifications of doing so. Maybe I
just need to do more reading...

Is anyone in the videoblogging community experimenting with torrents today?

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...