Oh yeah I use FCP and have always used an external NTSC monitor.
Although I bet I could get away without one for the stuff that I do
just for the web. But then again at least I know all my stuff could
work in NTSC if I ever released it that way.

I just think it would be cool if FireAnt had a NTSC out the way FCP
does. I don't know if that's even posible though. Just wishful
thinking on my part, I guess.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Kunga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bill, You can buy a G5 specific DVI to composite and S-Video
Adapter
> for your PowerMac for $19 from the Apple Store or a dealer near
you.
> But the one very negative review on the Apple Store site, a
rarity
> for Apple to leave posted, says it doesn't work very well.
>
> His review was posted only two days ago. I guess they didn't find
it
> yet.
>
> "I purchased this item and the quality of the display is very
poor. I
> at first assumed it was just my TV but after speaking with
another
> person who has tried to do something similar on a PC, he seemed
> feel that it was just not something that works right. A TV and
> Computer is just too different. I would like to experiment with
it
> more but right now I would say not to bother with this. He had a
new
> HDTV so resolution should not have been a problem on his TV. "
>
> So I guess you need a 30-Day return guarantee policy type of
store
> like Fry's here in California to try and see how it looks.
>
> I have played to TV directly out of my 1.25 GHz Aluminum
October '03
> PowerBook's S-Video port very successfully. Picture looks great
on
> Sony 27" XBR circa mid nineties from DivX recordings of HDTV
shows -
> 350 MB per 43 minute episode played full screen with Video Lan
> Client. They appear widescreen letterbox in standard definition
> perfectly on this old classic. This was their last 27" XBR - pre-
WEGA
> era. At that point, S-Video was state-of-the-art input.
>
> Last night in Cupertino at the MacFilmmakers meeting on the Apple
> campus, it was mentioned that we SHOULD be looking at a TV hooked
up
> to our Macs to edit correctly due to SAFE ZONE and COLOR
SATURATION
> considerations. Was told a setup for TV is in the FCP Manual. Do
you
> have Final Cut Pro Bill?
>
> It's on Volume 1 p.54. You run FW to your camcorder then out
analog
> to the TV and amplified sound system. Gotta go. More later if you
> don't have the docs.
> --
> Taylor Barcroft http://www.blogger.com/profile/11159903
> New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Webcaster,
Futurecaster