fALk wrote:
> hi vlogging gang,
> I was asked this question by a reporter for "deutsche welle" radio
> who is doing a programm on vlogging in germany/german speaking
> country... It was one of these question which I just could not answer
> out of my hat.... i could explain all the technicalities and
> technologies and programs and so on and so on and could spout out the
> webadress for fireant with a snip of a finger but I could just not
> come up with an easy fast (he said 3 sentences max) answer to that
> question...
>
> anyone maybe has the perfect answer for that?

Ah, the old question... A classic!

Here's my attempt for 2005-10-11, with respect to Grandma.

Pretend you subscribe to a free magazine. You fill out a little
postcard, and send it in, and each month, they deliver the new issue to
your house. Once you subscribe, you just wait for the new one to arrive.
If you want to unsubscribe, you send them another postcard canceling
your subscription.

Now, with RSS video feeds, you "subscribe" by typing an address into a
computer program. The computer program then delivers each new video to
your computer. Once you subscribe, you just wait for the new one to
arrive. If you want to unsubscribe, you just tell your computer program
to delete the subscription.

How's that? (Damn, looks like it took me more than 3 sentences!)

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...