Greetings.  I'm new here - as of of today... Holland Wilde

- I'm Mac, but I always used EI...  because video windows poped in stand-
alone windows.  I like to resize them by hand.  I miss this feature with
FireFox.

- Much of the tech gab I'm reading here means nothing to me.... I just want to
COMMUNICATE  as a vlogger.  I'd be a good guinea pig - to see if typical
bone-heads like me can correctly use whatever tech exists.

- As for making money, I firmly believe that is putting the HORSE before the
CART.  Few will ever watch if the content quality is suspect.

- I attended the node101 in Cambidge on Sunday.  And I have scoped MANY
vlog sites.  I come away with these observations:

I'm still not sure what vlogging is to people.... why they vlog.  I waiver
between
the joyful celebration of experimentation and self expression.... and that
uncomfortable feeling I always had when my parents dragged us to watch
other people's  home movies in the 1960's.  Yes the movies were crude, and
ill-thought, but it was always the lacking craft in story-telling that annoyed.

Those old home movies only had meaning, only made sense, to those who
MADE them or to those IN them.  Likewise, so many vlogs are "inside" jokes, I
find them hard to enjoy.  Few vlogs communicate to me on any level.... just
visual babbling.  It concerns me that so little thought goes into concept,
content, and craft.  I LOVE the FUN, community, part of vlogging.  I feel
uncomfortable speaking up about this..... but I have questions.  Big questions.

I have very high regard for the potential of vlogging.  Sorry if this offends.

RECAP:
1.) The tech, as is, works fine for me now.
2.) I believe vlogging moeny will never come my way unless I build a history
of sterling content.
3.) I'm hoping this vlog will, in the future, speak to some of my concerns as a
visual communicator.

Thanks!  This is my first post!
medianipple.blogspot.com