That remark was made in a comparison to ther file types.  The link you sent is very nice quality and all .. but its half the size of what we normall use on vlogs ... its appls and oranges.

The question/concern was about how files (for videos of the same size/fps)  have such dratmatically different file sizes / quailty depending onthe filetype/compression.

The new tutorial you made fot 3ivx/MOV is really good and I'm still gonna try some new stuff ... but doing as it describes makes a .MOV files that is twice as large file size than the WMV of the same thing.  (the Mov did have better quality ... but so much so as to warrant twice the file size, IMHO).

On 10/23/05, Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Oct 23, 2005, at 6:31 PM, Gena wrote:

> I couldn't use .mov because of the file size - too large for dial-up.

This, for some unknown reason, is an often repeated and completely
untrue criticism of QuickTime.  By enforcing a limit on the bit rate,
you can make anything small enough for dialup - QuickTime, Windows
Media, Flash, Real - whatever.  The only limit is how crappy of a
file you are willing to post.
Here's a version of one of my videoblogs compressed to stream on a
56k modem.

I bring this up because I see Windows users site this often as a
criticism of QuickTime.
--
Verdi

http://www.DavidMeade.com