using 3ivx as per Verid's new tutorial video, my MOV files are fully twice the filesize as my WMV files.

The MOVs are slightly better quality ... but not so much so as to be worth 2x the file size IMHO.  I mean I'm still gonna have to find a way to do it as I want to be on the iPod ... but I just cant seem to get a MOV to a simialr (and quite good) quality/filesize ratio as I can for my WMVs.

On 10/24/05, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 04:16:39 +0200, Jake Ludington
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> The more accurate criticism is at comparable bitrates, WMV targeted for
> dial-up users looks better than MOV. This is one of the many reasons
> Apple
> adopted MP4 as their alternate standard.

MOV isn't a codec, so it's hard to know what you're comparing. I can say
that using 3ivx you will get a much crisper image at very low bitrates
(like 20KB/s) compared to WMV.

- Andreas
--

http://www.DavidMeade.com