On 10/25/05, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I assume your camera saves AVI files using Motion-JPEG (M-JPEG) right?

On my Mac I can import AVI files using Motion-JPEG just fine into
iMovie, and this is without QuickTime Pro. If you're using Windows,
well, I don't have a solution... but would QuickTime Pro help in your
case? (Or do you have it already?)

Yeah M-JPEG, and no QT Pro wont help.  I have QT Pro and can open them in QT no prblem.  They'd open in movie maker before that no problem.  They have in fact opened in every free/cheap software app I have no problem...

but for some reason Sony Vegas doesnt have a codec available to it in order to open the files.

Their support page says if you want to use digitial still camera footage you are required to go buy a third party codec package. ... very upsetting.  It looks like such a nice program but its completely useless to me now.

I could open them in QT (or ANYTHING ELSE .. how can sony be so dumb in their 'professional editor') ... and then save them as something else ... and then import them into vegas ... but then I'd no doubt have to save them as somethine else again and re-import them back into quicktime ... there just has to be a way to do this that wont take 13 hours per 3 minute video. :-P

Individual Fireant Use