Monday, October 31, 2005, 6:20:35 PM, Christopher Ivanyi wrote:

> But honestly, I could never ever put up a video, if I knew no one
> would watch it -- that would be an excercise in futility?

I can understand how you would feel like that, but can you explain how
it could even be possible to "know no one would watch it" ? Who can
say what might become popular or desirable next month, next year, next
century ...

The only certain way of knowing that no one will watch your videos is
to keep them to yourself.

> And I truly
> believe that almost everyone would want to have as large an audience as
> possible, I know I would.

Honestly I don't want that.

What I want is an audience that is as interested and involved as
possible. I'd much rather connect with ten new friends through my
videos than 10000 passive consumers. Large audiences would scare me.

Everybody is different, I guess. It's always a bit risky to make
sweeping generalizations.

--
Frank Carver   http://www.makevideo.org.uk