I've been wondering about this as well, but I very much want to archive the
uncompressed
DV.

Currently I've been buying hard disks every time I need more storage space,
obviously this
isn't the best long-term solution... or is it? it's getting cheaper and
cheaper...

What solutions are other people using? tape drives? waiting for larger capacity
DVDs?
terabytes of hard disks?