> Part of the reason they do well is that their interface and features are very
> good IMHO. >I'm not that familiar, but based on a quick perusal, they are
> doing lots of stuff right (social
> connections, RSS feed (with enclosures), tags, aggregating, ease-of-use,
> xml-rpc
> interface). They are doing lots of stuff wrong too of course (evil EULA,
> nasty logo bug,
> wonky flash format). I've not tried to upload a video so I can't comment on
> how the quality
> of that part of the service.

the bigggest complaint i have with YouTube (other than the logo on
every video) is the fact that they dont have a good feed.

as others have said, its a matter of education.
some frat boy may think youtube is the shit...just like some people
still use AOL.
but as they explore...they realize there are other services that treat
them with more respect.

this brings my confusion with MySpace.
some people love to become part of a social netwrok that uses them as
an audience for advertisers.
why be locked into MYSpace...why you could have a real "myspace" in
your own blog?
I know the arguments: easy to connect on specific topics etc...
but what happens when you want to leave MySpace...youre locked in.

anyway, its just a matter of education of what people should expect
from these services.
YouTube also got funding becasue they have connections: they are
Yahoo/Ebay grads.

Jay

--
Adventures in Videoblogging