Gena says:
"1. Many of the movies I had never seen before. I had a chance to catch
up on classics and hidden gems. Some of the oldie films have lighting
and editing skills it would take me a library of books to learn. B/W
Noir movies straight up rock in terms of narrative style."

This is probably one solid argument in favor of certain old movies.  Time has a way or sorting out the outstanding from the mediocre. Therefore, the 'best' of the old are most likely to be broadcast.

I'm trying to remember the name of one or two films that were "remade" and the remade version was far inferior to the original.

I agree that there are great effects to be learned.  I am always surprised at how black and white can create a certain mood in film.  (Can you change video from color to black and white in the iMovie program?)

I think I was just indulging a little personal animosity in this posting against old movies. "Old movies" became the whipping boy for my hostility to media offerings in general.

I also remember how censored movies used to be.  In the 1950s, cars lined up at the local drive-in to see a movie in which the word "virgin" was uttered for the first time.

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker

Videographer, Writer, Activist
Advisor: The Immortality Institute
Hoboken, NJ