Wednesday, November 16, 2005, 7:22:27 PM, dnadig wrote:

> I know this question comes up here pretty often, and I myself have
> asked it at least once.  I just bought PE2 to replace Pinnacle, which
> was just not working for me for a number of reasons.

I can understand that. Pinnacle Studio is aimed at a particular type
of use. Premiere (even the Elements version) is much more a general
purpose editor.  I have used the full version of Premiere in the past
(although I stopped upgrading at version 5.1) and liked it a lot.

> It's really damn good.  Not, it's not Premiere, but then again it's 90
> bucks.  Really designed for the kind of stuff I am playing with and
> what I see most folks doing.  It's also the only low-budget program
> I've seen that natively outputs to AVI, WMV, and quicktime.

This interests me a lot. I'm assuming you are using a PC, so I'm
desperate to know if it can output iPod compatible Quicktime (using
the AAC audio codec). So far I have not found _any_ PC video editor
(other than Quicktime Pro, which is hardly an "editor" in the same
way) which can produce Quicktime with AAC.

If Premiere Elements can't output Quicktime with AAC, then it seems to
have pretty much the same range of output formats as Ulead VideoStudio,
Ulead Media Studio Pro, and ArcSoft ShowBiz.

I'm still irritated at Adobe for not making a download and tryout
version available for PE2. The only available tryout still seems to be
version 1.

--
Frank Carver   http://www.makevideo.org.uk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM