hmm.. and its sorta like a video rental store in that way ;)

On 12/2/05, Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
thanks... and yeah I agree - censoring is prob the wrong way to go.  be more innovative and yes, proactive, and prob have better success.

if its easy to find the content geared for children, then the chances of them browsing the directory and seeing adult content is greatly reduced, generally speaking.

sull

On 12/2/05, Jay dedman < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    Maybe the opposite approach would be logical?
> Instead of filtering the "not for kids" stuff, filter the "kid friendly" stuff.
> And include a warning on site stating that "there may be adult content within, but check out our kid-friendly zone here"
> You can then have categories/tags/sections of kid safe video content which could be many things and is up to the directory curators to decide how best to approach that.
> My point is, IF the concern for children resides in the sites owner and IF they care to put effort towards designating a section on the site geared for children education and entertainment etc, then this could take care of most of the aforementioned issues.... maybe ;-)

great idea. very proactive.
eric rice and ryanne made a kidsafe feed a while back for eric's kids.
http://video.ericrice.com/videoblogs/ANTresearch.mov
but i think the feed died out.
see this is a great idea: a kidsafe directory.
itll come as content grows.

im not interested in censoring, but in organizing and educating.
everything will exist. we can simply chose where.

Jay

--
Adventures in Videoblogging
< http://feeds.feedburner.com/Momentshowing >

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM

sull
"The hybrid or the meeting of two media is a moment of truth and revelation from which new form is born"
http://vlogdir.com - The Videoblog Directory
http://videobloggers.org - Free Videoblog Hosting / Vlogosphere Aggregator
http://interdigitate.com - on again off again personal vlog

--
sull
"The hybrid or the meeting of two media is a moment of truth and revelation from which new form is born"
http://vlogdir.com - The Videoblog Directory
http://videobloggers.org - Free Videoblog Hosting / Vlogosphere Aggregator
http://interdigitate.com - on again off again personal vlog

Individual Fireant Typepad