I picked up a Verizon cell phone a couple of weeks ago, and I am quite
satisfied with it on two out of three areas.

I'm satisfied with the phone as a multimedia capture/send device. The
pictures aren't bad and I can post them directly from the phone to
Blogger. The 15 second video clips aren't bad either and I can send
them to any e-mail address. You can't post a video to Blogger directly
from the phone just yet, but I'm sure they are working on it.

Typing out text messages on the number pad is tedious -- but you can
also record a voice-memo to describe what the photo or video is about
and attach it to the same e-mail. Slick.

I'm also surprisingly satisfied with the Verizon V-cast network. The
selection isn't amazing but there's enough stuff I want (Daily Show,
CNN) to justify the monthly fee. The streaming video quality is very good.

I am not at all satisfied with the phone for web browsing/videoblog
viewing/email receiving.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to watch any videoblogs on
the phone. No Rocketboom, no MobuzzTV. It's strange to me that the
phone can capture and send 3GP video and WAV files in an email, but if
somebody emails files in those formats to the phone, nada. If my wife
sends a long text email to the phone, it cuts it off after a few lines.

All in all, it's really quite amazing to me what this phone can do.
I'm sure these things will continue to improve.

Is there a Yahoo! Group where people devote a lot of attention to
phones the way this group devotes attention to videoblogging?

Eric
http://strollingbones.blogspot.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM