> I can't help but think that someone who walks around pointing a
> camera at them-self and then puts that up for the world to see is a
> show.
> I understand however the rejection of the word as it applies to this
> particular medium when people feel it may indicate something
> contrived, or planned out, when in most cases it does. Even when
> people capture something accidentally, they tend to make decisions
> from there about whether or not to "show it" or how to "edit it" to
> show it, etc.
> Even if there is no intention behind the videoblogger "to show",
> isn't that what's happening?

I use the word "show" in the sense of "TV show".
in the sense that it has a format, a expected host, and is trying to
appeal to large audiences.
it certainly has worked for TV...so why should people not use this
formula for videoblogging if these are the desired goals?

when i say "personal videoblogs", i guess i mean more of a diary format.
yes, i am often the "star" of my videos...and it can be like a "show"...
but i also have no format...its more like a scrap album that will only
have value in the future.

That new rockNroll videoblog. what is it about?
music. has a nice format. its cool. great to download the video iPod
for wacthing on the subway.
this couple can now reach a huge audince with no permission from anyone.
i liked that video they showed recently of the guy getting kicked in
the balls by the girls in bikinies.

My videoblog. what is it about?
probably me. or not...i also post a lot of text.
as a blogger, im not just using my blog to make an RSS feed of
videos...i also use my blog to link to things i find on the web.
video just allows me to expand what i can share with people.

jay

--
Adventures in Videoblogging
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/Momentshowing>