<http://hotels.travelocity.com/hotel/World/United-States/New-York/New-
York-City-Hotels/>

The first three hotels listed (Wellington, Park Central, Metro) are all
located in very central areas on Manhattan. I can't say I've ever
stayed any of those three, because I have not, so you might want to
check them out to ensure they meet your requirements before booking. If
you want to pay up a bit the W hotels are typically good (been those)
and the W bar scene(s) is almost always very good.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/9QUssC/lzNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM