Hi everyone:

At 12:17 PM 12/8/2005, you wrote:
>I tried going the MP4 route once and found it to be more trouble than
>anything. Not Win Media compatible.

It was never designed with Windows Media in mind Bill.

>They don't necessarily open in Quicktime by default (which can be
>confusing to users when the
>computer asks what program to open something with).

Ever heard of making Quicktime the default player for MP4?  Not to
sound critical, but I'm told this usually works....

>There isn't really an obvious way to do fast start. And if you want
>to use 3ivx it's a
>multi step process.

You can easily try making MP4 videos using H.264/x264 codecs.  To
learn more, go to http://x264.nl/

>You would think that MP4 for video should be the
>ubiquitous format for video that MP3 is for audio--but it's not. I
>finally just went back to Quicktime.

Give it time Bill.  Give it time.  :)

Cheers for now & Happy Holidays everyone  :)

Pat Cook
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (FEEDBACK EMAIL)
Denver, Colorado
PAT'S VIDEO BLOG - http://patsvideoblog.blogspot.com/