I always appreciate hearing Jan's voice of sanity. I'm the laughing woman, who would be laughing more had anything of substance I told the reporter showed up in the piece. Don't get me wrong -- any publicity is good publicity. The traffic spike has been just enough to tick off my host and mess with my head. For 15 seconds, I was almost famous!

A good half hour talking to the reporter about participatory media and how vlogging is changing the business landscape results in the routine "look at this new thing called vlogging" story. How foolish of me to think the WSJ would actually put a business spin on the topic. I was idealistic enough to think that the story might prompt companies to seek out vloggers to advise them on how to leverage this new medium for bottom-line value such as creating relationships with customers, and demonstrating their products.

I realize that it may be all her editor wanted/would accept. Fingers crossed that at some point, when there's a dearth of real stories, she'll revisit that material with a deeper view.

The early days of evolution and revolution are going to be filled with the churn that's been mentioned. It's a good thing that some of you get ticked enough to say "what about me?". That way we'll all get represented somehow. I was only in that story because of a kind mention by someone else. The story needed an opening act, and they chose a clown. Not necessarily bad, that's my mission after all, but don't take it as a rejection of the serious vlogging many of you do. I am continually in awe of the talent, insight, skill, and vision of my fellow vloggers.

I'd be more active in this group if not for the overwhelming pressure of my current (paid!) work. I'm keeping an eye on y'all though! Vlog on, people. I love ya!

Laugh every day. Laugh for no reason. Laugh your stress away.
--Beth
- -
Beth Agnew, Professor of Mirth
laughpractice.blogspot.com