Vincent,
Unforunately, I have only limited experience of dv decks, I have used one before in Video Production Class, I didn't notice whether it had any relevance to pal or ntsc. But when exporting into Final Cut, or Imovie, one has to set wether it is DV pal or DV ntsc, I am only guessing but I think that setting is only for burning to a DVD for viewing on TV. But for vlogging, I don't see any problem. I could be wrong.

Paul