Mike,

Sam Sugar and SugarBank.com once mentioned the idea of a .kids
domain... the reason he did this was because it was ridiculous to
create a .xxx domain since children will still be able to access .com
sex sites.  A .kids domain would be the only domain children would
have access to and perhaps having a .kids vlogging system would help
protect children from sexual predators.

However, it's also possible that a .kids domain will attract sexual
predators... so either way we can't win.

I was checking out Ryanne's Video Blog the other day and I noticed
that she teaches young people to vlog.  I think this is wonderful, but
I also think it's horrifying at the same time.  Seeing these kids'
vlogs made me think of the new field sexual predators may have to
play.  While the aforementioned article from the New York Times may
not directly discuss vlogging, it still COULD be a concern for the
future (which is what I believe Deirdré was trying to point out).

Honestly, though... there's really nothing we can do without joint
help from ICANN and the government to protect children from perverts.
 It's possible that a .kids domain would be beneficial, though, since
those monitoring the Internet for sex offenders could at least have a
specific place to monitor.

When it comes down to it, parents have to be the true monitors.

Kitka

PS: Thanks for the compliment.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meiser

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.QUssC/izNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM