Hi Bill,

>I call bullshit, on this. Anyone who has an
>audiance has value to offer someone else who wants to talk to that
>audiance.

I believe the original point of this thread was to find income
outside of advertising and also that selling your audience to a third
party, is a moral issue. And anyway, advertising won't pay a
videoblogger's bills.

>To say that no one should or could make money off video blogging is
>like saying that no one can or should make money off of blogging, but
>that's already being done so there goes that theory.

Well, let's just step back for a minute, I didn't say that no one
should or could make, so please don't put words in my mouth. I said
that people who aren't making money, but are looking for a way to,
should probably carefully consider their options.

Secondly, it depends what you call blogging and videoblogging,
doesn't it? The discussion I believe was about the more traditional
type of videblog, so personal entries in crono order on a blog. (Ooh,
that'll get me in trouble on this list)

>There hasn't been a lack of free content in the world for a very long
>So I have no idea what your point is about increasing amount of free
>content.

So you're saying the amount of free content won't increase?

Here's an example. Who here watches RocketBoom? How many RocketBoom
lookalikes are there today? How many will there be in six or twelve
months? Will RocketBoom be able to compete? Andrew and Amanda have
staked their claim, but it won't last. In a year, just like in
podcasting, there will be a hundred, if not a thousand RocketBooms.
Maybe not as sexy as Andrew, but there you go. ;-)

I'm going to step out of this one now. Several opinions. Who knows
what we'll be doing in 12 months. I'm more than happy to be proven
wrong when my vlog is my primary source of income.

Regards,
  Richard