thnx verdi.
helpful.

On 1/16/06, Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Here's a quick example:
http://michaelverdi.com/demo/windows_screencast.wmv
http://michaelverdi.com/demo/windows_screencast.mov

I used Camstudio:
Region set to 320 X 240
Auto pan - on
Video Options: Compressor - Microsoft Video 1, 100% quality (this is
only slightly crappy)

That made an avi which I dropped into Windows Movie Maker and
exported using the 512kps option.
I also exported as a DV-AVI, opened it QuickTime Pro and exported as
a QuickTime movie using H.264 as the compressor.

As far as I understand, this is about as good as it gets for
screencasts on a PC. (would love to know if there is something better.)
-Verdi
--
Me: http://michaelverdi.com
R&D: http://evilvlog.com