Howdy,
More camera advice, please! I love my mini-dv camera. It's a Canon Optura 60,
and I love
the quality of picture and I LOVES me zoom. BUT, I feel like I'd shoot a lot
more footage
with something smaller and more stealthy. I want to shoot on the subway! At
work! When
I'm out and about!  I feel like a tourist in my own town, carrying this thing
around. And
with the better battery attached, it's a little heavy, and it's not like I can
stick it in my
purse. Also, I think it does way more than I'll  ever bother to learn how to
use. There are
an awful lot of buttons on it.

I know that lots of folks shoot with digital stills, but I do prefer the
ergonomics of the
vertical-type cameras like the Xactis and the Sony M1, both of which I've seen
on ebay for
decent prices. I'm looking to make a switch after my tax refund arrives.
Assuming I get a
tax refund.

How much quality am I going to lose by trading my dv in, really? Is anyone with
those
cameras disappointed? Ever say "Damn, I wish I had a light!" or

"Crap! My zoom stinks!" or

"My hands are too big for this midgety camera" or

"I wish I had hard tape copies of raw footage" or

"it's so small I accidentally flushed it down the toilet" or

"Everything sounds like it's in a fishbowl" or, MOST importantly

"The image stabilizer on this thing blows!" (I'm a little shakeyshakey).

Any other similar (and mac-friendly, USB or FireWire) cameras you'd suggest?
Any?

(anyone want to buy an Optura 60? Very Nice camera, my friend--for you I make
good
price!)

Kisses & Much Thanks,
Bekah

(feel free to contact me off the board at [EMAIL PROTECTED])

http://missbhavens.blogspot.com