Oh yes I totally agree. That's why I always enclude a Quicktime file
for the feed. Actually, I'm treating the flash version as my low
bandwidth option (and it's compatible back to Flash 6) so that
affords me the opportunity to encode the Quicktime versions at
higher bit rates than I would have before. But really I'm very
impressed with the quality of video at low bit rates that Sorrenson
4 can produce.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Try to find the On2 Flix Exporter... that gives the best Flash
Video
> compression for Flash 8. There should be a way to get it for free
> somehow. Search for it one Google.
>
> However... while Flash is great on the web, i still think its
> necessary to provide alternative formats that are more portable and
> suited for syndication.
>
> -josh
>

> On 1/24/06, Bill Streeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I just started encoding my own Flash for my vlog so I can ditch
> > YouTube. I also created my own flash player complete with a
LOUDER
> > slider that goes up to 11. I may tweak it some more. I spent way
too
> > much time working on it last weekend. But I gotta say that using
> > Sorrenson Squeeze gives much better results than just using a web
> > based service. There are just a couple of things that I would
like to
> > be able to work out yet, like being able to create poster frames
in
> > the Flash file etc. But my current work around for that is to
take the
> > frame I've chosen for my poster frame and paste it at the
begining of
> > the movie and that seems to work for now. You can see the
results on
> > my vlog.
> >
> > Bill Streeter
> > LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
> > www.lofistl.com
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Deirdre Straughan
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Since I've had several people ask (not just in here) about how
I use