I wrote a blog entry about this recently:
< http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/archives/2006/02/nbc_sends_youtu.php >

Viral marketing is one thing... pirating another creator's content and
redistributing it as your own is plaigarism at best and infringement
at worst. YouTube is at fault here for not respecting the rights of
creators, whether that creator is NBC or my cousin filming his cat.
YouTube is in the wrong.

The truth is that NBC owns the rights to Saturday Night Live's
content, and no matter how funny, entertaining, or exciting the Lazy
Sunday video may be, it is NBC's property and their choice to decide
who may or may not redistribute such videos. Certain fair use rights
may apply, but there is hardly a case for fair use here. NBC has
rights, and I would defend those rights for them the same as I will
for any videoblogger.

YouTube claims thy serve over 15 million streaming videos daily. There
is no difference between YouTube distributing the clip to millions of
viewers or another TV network like CBS redistributing it. Its not as
though YouTube is pointing to the video resource elsewhere (where they
cannot claim liability), they are hosting and serving a copy of it
which by their terms of service YouTube technically "owns" (and thus
they own the liability). Of course, according to YouTube's terms of
service that clip should have also been immediately removed as it is
quite obviously a case of plaigarism (it has an NBC watermark on it).
YouTube failed to do its job here.

The only thing YouTube has going for it here is the fact that they are
not alone. The clip can be found on several websites and video
portals... including Google Video.

-Josh