On 2/24/06, Kath O'Donnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 2/24/06, Deirdre Straughan < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Congratulations! This file has been sent to Ourmedia and the Internet Archive for free hosting and storage. Please be patient -- it should appear soon at this media page: http://www.ourmedia.org/node/ "

I got this also for the last of a few files I uploaded last night. seems to get busy around this time in the evening. check it in about 10mins and it'll probably be ok. at least mine was ok a few mins later. I used to get lots of messages like that but last night was the first one in ages. so it looks like most of the earlier problems were sorted.

But then you have to fill in the page about the video all over again, don't you? Uh, not to be rude, but why do you put up with that kind of performance? Why does anyone? There are lots of other free services out there that work a lot better

I tried again for the fourth time, and again, after much "loading," got to a perfectly blank page with the URL http://www.ourmedia.org/add/video

I am willing to make ONE more try if someone from Ourmedia will get in touch and tell me what the hell is going on.

Even the bug report page needs some serious usability help. I filled it in and submitted, and got no confirmation message - the page just reset to what it had been before, so I have no indication that my message actually went anywhere, let alone when or whether I might expect a response to it.

--
best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

www.beginningwithi.com (personal)