another option
is it possible to ftp the files from old server to new?
maybe Dreamhost support can do that for you?

otherwise you'll have to download to local and then upload again (ugh!)
if using ftp is an option, you can at least make this two simple (but possibly slow) folder copies

hopefully you do not have bandwidth limits (from your ISP, not from your hosting) that make this difficult

Brett Gaylor wrote:
Sorry to ask here, but google is not helping me, and neither is dreamhost.  I got that crazy $9/year plan, but I don't know how to transfer from my old host.  Does anyone know in unix how you'd transfer all of your files from one site to the other?  I wouldn't want to download everything and then upload it again.  Thanks!

-------
Brett Gaylor
http://www.etherworks.ca
http://www.homelessnation.org