On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 05:29:07 +0200, Lisa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyone know the airport rules about camcorders on the airplane? Do we
> check them, do we carry them on, and most importantly, what is the
> protocol when it comes to the x-ray machine? Do I let it go on the
> belt or do I hand it to a guard and explain that it's video
> equipment?  Concerned for my baby... don't want it damaged by nasty
> wasty radioactive rays

Never check anything expensive, always put your camcorder in your
carry-on. Lost items from checked luggaged is hell to get compensated for.
The first time I went flying with a camera I let the security guy know in
case he wanted it out like my laptop. He just looked at me funny and since
then I haven't worried about it.

As for the x-ray machines I found this on google: <URL:
http://www.taperesources.com/faq_tapes_airport_xray.html > Looks like
there's nothing to worry about unless you feed your bag throug the machine
repeatedly.

--
Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen