I've been producing an online series using Sony's HDV cameras and while it
drives us crazy
in editing (go for a long lunch renders) it has several advantages. There is
more
information for the compressor to work with which appears to make a difference.
I had to
cut some DV 16:9 footage into a program and even after compression you could
tell a
difference.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "legrandmagistery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> We're thinking about starting a vlog. I read on Gizmodo the other day about
> Sony
coming out
> with an HDD Handycam (the DCR-SR100). After reading about that, I also
> discovered the
JVC
> already has a couple on the market (the Everio G Series). Do any of you
> currently use an
HDD
> camcorder? What are the advantages? The cameras seem a little more expensive,
> but we
> wouldn't need to invest in any tapes, discs, or any other media, so it seems
> pretty
appealing
> and ideal for doing a vlog. What do you think? Any and all help/opinions
> would be
greatly