On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:21:31 +0200, Casey McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Andreas-
>
> I'm not contradicting myself, I'm discussing two seperate points:
>
> 1- Business confidentiality to protect a company's individuality (i.e.
> not divulging specific information so that your company remains on the
> cutting edge of it's domain);

You added this point in your reply to me. Since you hadn't brought it up
in your first e-mail I obviously wasn't replying to it. I don't have a
time machine.

> 2- Interview strategies to promote a positive image (i.e. only doing
> interviews with people who you know and trust... do you think
> President Bush would ever do an interview with Michael Moore?  I don't
> think so).

And I'm telling you that businessmen who pursue this trategy usually have
a product they know is subpar. After all if the product was fine they
would be able to defend it.

President Bush is a special case. He probably wouldn't do an interview
with Michael Moore because he is following a strategy of only speaking to
his yes-men. And his credibility has suffered greatly as a result. You
always see companies/people marked as the "bad guy" show up for interviews
where they know they'll be attacked. It is better than the alternative
(staying quiet and let the media angle the story after their liking, or
only speaking to yes-men and be called on it). Only speaking to those who
already favour you haven't been a viable strategy since the 50s.

--
Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen