if someone is receiving your work in it's entirety on Veoh, why, even if you have linkbacks placed in your videos, would they go back to your site? they are enjoying your stuff just fine at Veoh.

also, on our site, we occassionally show other people's videos and comment on them, link to their site and tell people to go and watch. when the videos are taken out of that context, they lose the attributions will give the maker and are branded with our name.

yes, we could make a vlog soup out of them (props to steve) and brand our commentary in that way. i prefer not to. i prefer to leave their stuff as undisturbed as possible.

mashups of popculture, to me, is another matter. it's far murkier than what we are talking about here and deserves another thread.