There are numerous feeds in Veoh with no subscribers.  How did they
get there?

http://veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e55696wg9YwjDy
> you'll see he has 1 subscriber.
>
> That would be the person who submitted the feed, so that their VEOH
client would automatically
> download it as and when the RSS updates..
>
> Only Ryanne has the option to add an identifier to his feed and thus
claim ownership
> of the feed and customize it as he sees fit, deleting episodes, or,
I presume,
> blocking it entirely, if he should wish to.
>
> I think the omission of permalink URL's etc is more likely down to
VEOH focusing on
> the video and P2P distro aspects. In most TV applications the video
content
> speaks for itself.   They do give the associated text. I am sure
they'll fix this.

> I took the trouble to claim my feed. You'll notice looking at the
details
> http://veoh.com/seriesDetails.html?s=s2644
> that it links to my info, another page that has my URL etc. And that
also I take the trouble
> to include the permalinks in the associated text.
>
> I think the 'unclaimed feature' is intrinsic to the secondary VEOH
concept of
> an aggregator that enables P2P propagation, but since that arrived
after their
> primary concept of direct video publishing via P2P,  they haven't
thought
> through all the issues, perhaps. Adding the ability for users to
subscribe to 3rd party
> RSS feeds was an afterthought..
>
> Then, with the rise of YouTube etc, they have scrambled to provide
similar flv
> functionality for their publishers.
>
> joly
>

> At 04:46 PM 4/8/2006, you wrote:
> >hi joly,
> >
> >if you upload a feed to Veoh, it is my understanding that the feed
will fall under the name of the user submitting the feed. it will be
"claimed" by them. unclaimed feeds have gotten into the system through
means of automation. that's why they are not affiliated with any Veoh
user. instead of a user name, you see the name of the vlog (eg:
kitykity's vlog) or hosting service the feed was taken from. i doubt
there is a user on Veoh called <http://blip.tv>blip.tv.

> >i like the idea of being able to make and distribute large files
via a service like Veoh. that's great. i don't like the unclaimed feed
"feature".