iSquint!

Not sure who asked for a tool that would encode for the ipod on mac,
but iSquint is teh bomb.

It'll do any QT format... and I think they were working on WMV though
it's been a while.

But it'll do any format that will open in QT and convert it to
either. mp4 or .m4v. It'll even resize it and adjust the frame rate
down if you like.

I've ripped whole movies and a hard drive full of music videos with
it just for fun.

It's a little querky, or was the last time I used it, but very
simple. Basically you just drop everything in the queue and press go.

BTW, I really recommend using mp4... not only is it more likely to
play on every operating system then m4v, but also the ipod can play
back formats much bigger than 240x320 in mp4.  Up to your standard
720pixel wide movie size... or 480x480. It's based on the number of
pixels blocks so you can swap hieght for width just as long as it
works out to the same resolution.  BTW, pixel blocks are either 16 or
32 pixels square. I think 16 pixels. What this means is stick to 16
pixel width and height incriments and don't go over the max total
resolution of 480x480, which is 230400 pixels.

I know I'm probably way off the pace of the conversation, but I won't
won't say anything if you don't.

My presence here is rand0m lately. :)

-Mike
mmeiser.com/blog